Did you know that:
- Philadelphia is the nation's 4th largest metropolitan area with nearly 5 million people living in the surrounding nine county area.
- Philadelphia is located midway between New York and Washington, DC, both of which are easily reached by train (only 1.3 hr and 1.75 hr)
- Within a 100 mile radius of Philadelphia are:
13% of the U.S. population,
13% of the U.S. buying power, and
11% of the U.S. retail sales.
- The Philadelphia region is the 5th highest "effective buying income" market and the 4th largest "total retail sales market" in the U.S.
- There are more schools and higher education resources in the Philadelphia area than any other region in the country including:
89 colleges and universities,
6 medical schools, and
24 teaching hospitals.
- The Philadelphia area is home to:
44 pharmaceutical companies,
60 biomedical research companies,
95 biotech companies, and 250 computer and data processing companies.
- The Philadelphia region has the nation's second largest concentration of health care resources. There are 120 hospitals within the region.
- The Philadelphia Metropolitan Area was ranked as the 3rd best city in the US for family and career by Fortune Magazine in November, 1996.
- Conde Nast Traveler Magazine ranked Philadelphia "America's Friendliest City" in 1994.
- Philadelphia has been voted among the ten best restaurant cities in the United States (Esquire, July, 1998). Several of the highest ranked restaurants in the country are located in Philadelphia.
- The Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia was voted the Top MidAtlantic United States hotel and 4th best business hotel, worldwide, by Gourmet Magazine readers' poll.
- The Swann Lounge in Philadelphia is the top bar in the world.
- There are more than 90 museums and 216 public libraries in Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia is the home of the country's first zoo (1859).
- The Rodin Museum in Philadelphia houses the largest collection of Rodin sculptures and drawings outside of Paris, France.
Return to Janis Peterson, ABR, CSP, GRI Home Page
Copyright © 1996 - 2006. Janis Peterson, ABR, CSP, GRI. All rights reserved.